Unsent letter to Mr Kalm.
Dear Kalm,
I hope this unsent letter finds you well. I'm pretty sure that you never knew the existence of this letter, right? The moment you discover this letter is actually the best time for you to know the truth, because at the time I write this letter, there are only two possibilities that will happen: either you discover it by chance, or you will never know about this unsent letter. I leave the rest to Allah because He knows what is best for me.
Let's start from the first moment when we became pen-pal friends in the Slowly app. It started last year, around Dec 2023, while I was searching for a friend who matched my interests. I narrowed it down to the Oceania region. And your name was in the top right in the list. The username that you use, which is 'Calm007,' catches my attention and leads my cursor to click your profile.
Then, when I read your biography, you list the existential question along with a phrase from Surah Al-Mu'minun ayat 115 (23:115). It increases my curiosity about what type of person you are, because, for me, all those questions in your biography are the questions that have come across my mind and also the questions that all humans are supposed to answer in their lives, especially those who are Muslim by birth. So that they don't take Islam for granted—those questions make them think and maybe will be a starting point for them to search for the truth or understand Islam better.
I really enjoy the moment during our ice-breaking phase, where you are answering my questions and the conversations goes smoothly. Then, something happen to me where I need to deactivate my slowly account. Throughout that moment, I been thinking the possibility to re-connect with you back then I create a new slowly account, and you accept me to be your pen-pal with open heart-and I really appreciate it.
Our pen-pal relationship went smoothly again until you request for my picture,that request actually lead to discovery to unexpected truth which somehow crush my trust on you- the fact that you use chatgpt/ AI to reply my letter( mixed with your own answer). TBH, this attitude actually show your personality- which take things for granted.
Actually within the moment where i started awaiting for your reply, i keep praying istiqarah prayer so that Allah helps me or shows me what is right and what is wrong. Therefore , when i sicover that you're using Ai, i took it as a Sign from Allah for what i 've prayed before..
Despite all these thins, i still grateful for this short period of interaction, because throughtout this experience i learnt that i just relied to the wrong person, which i suppose not to, i should seek the right person instead of blindly believe the stranger. Maybe this is the hikmah for our short temporary interaction.
At the end , lesson learnt.
p/s: I just discover that indeed we have a huge age gap. hahha lol. okay bye. Thanks for this experience Mr Calm007

Comments
Post a Comment